Monday, November 7, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude -- Day 7

We have always tried to make a point of eating dinner together as a family as much as possible.  Our schedules are busy and Lloyd has traveled a lot -- particularly this year.  The other night, Lloyd was gone and Jake and I sat down to eat.  Jake asked me how my day was and wondered if there were any stories that I wanted to tell about work.  It made me realize that this family time together really does make a difference and he has learned to approach meal time with the attitude that it is a fellowship time, rather than just a time to eat.

Tonight, he had a lot to say.  Anyone who knows Jake isn't surprised by this -- he always has a lot to say.  But, he was sharing things about his day that were important.  We got to talk about life lessons that he was learning through some things that were going on at school.  And, he isn't completely self focused.  He always asks how our days were and wants to know what we did.  He even seems interested in our answers -- at least for now.

Someday soon -- a lot sooner than I like to think about -- it will only be Lloyd and I at the dinner table.  I cherish our family meal time and am very grateful for it.

1 comment: