Thursday, November 17, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 15

A few days ago, on Veteran's Day, I pulled out a picture of my grandfather.  It was taken when he was just 18 or 19 years old.  I've always loved it.  He was always so special to me.  He's been gone 19 years and I still miss him every day.

Over the years, people have always said how much Jake looks like Lloyd.  And, he certainly does.  But, there are traits that I've often wondered where they came from.  His lips and mouth, for one.  And his eyelids are not like either one of ours either.  Then, the other day, when I was looking at the picture of my grandfather, it hit me..Jake looks like him in many ways

William "Franklin" Wallace
William "Jacob" Brown

Not the best picture of Jake, but I was trying to get one where he's not smiling huge, like he usually does.  And you can't see how blue Jake's eyes are in this picture. I don't look anything like my grandfather.  Maybe it's cheesy, but I'm thankful that Jake has Wallace traits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment