Sunday, November 6, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude-Day 5

Lately, I've been missing my friends in Washington State a lot. More than usual, I mean. I can't put my finger on why. Perhaps it's the time of year. Olympia was a great place to live and a great place to raise a family. We had wonderful friends and had traditions that we looked forward to every year. We loved the culture and the overall "feel" of the Northwest (although it's no secret that I was not a fan of the seemingly constant rain). I hesitate even putting it out there though because I don't want it to seem like we don't like it here. We do. But, it's different. The pace of life is faster. The people are different. The culture is all its own--as it should be! We didn't move to Olympia and instantly have a community. In fact, I moved to Olympia and grieved the life we left behind in Phoenix. It took time to build a network of trusted friends.

So today, I'm thankful for the life we lead in Olympia. The people and the community impacted us in a profound way. It has shaped the way that we pursue new relationships and traditions. And it has given us wonderful memories and a place that we can always call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment